The websites are generally used and recommend:
: The various courses of NPTEL, made by professors of IITs are very useful in terms of expanding your knowledge or to understand something you couldn’t understand while at college.
: This Society is world renowned for the huge amount of membership. ASCE library is full of technical papers and journals.
: A structural engineering blog written in a simple way.
: Very good articles on various topics in construction.
: This website is also a good forum and has various articles on Construction, Geotechnical, and Structural.
: This UK based website has various benefits, be it the forums, technical papers, conferences and latest news and technology.
: This website has various resources for civil engineering.
: This new blog by has posts related to construction in very simple and detailed manner.
: If you are free for some days and feel like doing a workshop/training session, this website is for you. It has workshops ranging from surveying to structural.
: This website has all the papers and info regarding Earthquake Engineering.
: This website is very useful if you want to know anything about steel construction.
: I have mentioned this website because it is a good source for getting EBooks of civil engineering.
: This magazine has amazing articles based on the theme of the magazine that month. You get to know about new technologies and construction practices.
– the best association for civil engineers with 124,000 members in 142 countries.
– thousands of hand-picked websites with information about civil engineering and technology
and – an international non-profit organization formed in 1987 to recognize innovations in the construction industry that improve the quality, efficiency cost-effectiveness of construction; each year the CIF honors innovators with the Nova Award.
– includes lists of conferences, careers advice for students, ICE and Thomas Telford publications, information on professional development, online civil engineering discussion forum, useful reference source for all aspects of civil engineering
– covers areas of study related to civil engineering
– free download of civil engineering lectures, tutorials, ebooks, course notes, software, Wiki encyclopedia
and – research results and photographs relating to the fields of fluid mechanics, hydraulics environmental engineering, by a senior lecturer at the University of Queensland, Australia
– develops software for road, railway, highway, airport, tunnel, bridges, structures, irrigation, mining projects, lead by Techsoft Engineering Services
new – company offering workshops/training programs in civil engineering, developed by IIT Kanpur graduates