The basic but important points which are essential for civil engineers while working at the site are:
Important points for Site Engineer
- The height of the parapet wall should be 1 meter or 3 feet.
- The thickness of DPC should be 25 cm or 1 inch.
- The general height of the building 3.15 meters or 10 ft.
- The weight of the cement bag is 50kg.
- One bag of cement is equal to 0.0347 m3 or 1.25 cubic feet.
- Total 28.8 cement bags in the 1-meter cube.
- The minimum thickness of the slab is 125 mm 5inch.
- A lintel is provided in case of a brick wall at a height of 2.4 meters of thickness 15 cm minimum.
- The minimum diameter of bars used in the slab is 8 mm.
- The minimum diameter of bars used in the column is 12 mm.
- The maximum diameter of bars to be used in the slab is 1/8 of the thickness of the slab.
- Maximum chair spacing 1 m.
- PCC is not affected by water.
- RCC is affected by water because of bars.
- The maximum free fall of concrete is 1.5 m.
- The maximum water absorption of First-class brick is 15-20% of its weight.
- The initial setting time of cement is 30 minutes.
- The final setting time of cement is 10 hours ( 600 minutes).
- 1 gallon is equal to 3.78 liters.
- 1 yard = 3 feet
- Weight of steel = D²/162.2 Kg/m or D²/533 Kg/ft.
- The slope of the staircase for residential building is kept between 25° – 40°.
- Cement should be used within 50 days of manufacturing.
- The minimum curing period for concrete is 7 days in normal weather conditions and 10 days in dry and hot weather conditions.
- In the column, steel is taken between 0.8% to 6% of the cross-section area of the column.
Join our Facebook group: Engineering Knowledge
Sharing is caring.