Simple procedure to test the compressive strength of mortar.
1. For the test of compressive strength of mortar, we need to prepare the mortar cubes.
2. First mortar is prepared in same condition, workmanship and material ratio as it is used in actual construction.
3. They are filled in 7.06 cm moulds and damp-cured for 24 hours.
4. Then, they are immerged in water for 28 days.
5. After that, they are taken out and surface water is wiped out. And it put in compressive strength test machine from smooth face.
6. Load is applied and load at failure is noted.
7. Failure load per unit loaded are gives the compressive strength of mortar.